AOI Ellipsoid edition within constrained viewport

Home Forums User Interface AOI Ellipsoid edition within constrained viewport

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fgdlb 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

qsb
    Participant

Hi there !

While working with an AOI Ellipsoid (drawn in 3d), set to editable, created in an axial viewport, i.e. the ellipsoid’s axis are fully contained in the axial viewport, I can see the handles to resize the shape and resizing works perfectly.

However, if I constrain this same viewport (it becomes “oblique”) using a matrix based on the canonical orthogonal reference (1 0 0, 0 1 0, 0 0 1), so visually we have the same effect as an axial viewport but through a constrained viewport at this point, the ellipsoid’s handles for resizing are not visible anymore. I thought the AOIs were editable in their “plane of creation” or some such. Is there something else I am missing to be able to edit an ellipsoid’s size in a constrained viewport.

Thank you for your help.

fgdlb

Hi,

The AOI is editable if all its editable points are located on the displayed slice.
    In your case, if you are using ROTATION navigation mode for your contrain, even if you give the exact matrix of the original viewport, the new viewport will be slightly rotated (it is given a 0.5f elevation by default upon creation. Integer elevations are set to be in the middle of a slice by adding a 0.5f to them). The result may appear the same visually but it is not sure. So, not all the editable points of the ellipsis may be located on the displayed slice as it is not really the same slice as where it was created.
    If you need to be able to modify the AOI when starting the constrain, you may need to set the elevation of your constrained viewport to 0.f.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.